Monday, October 26, 2009

AKG Backup (Windows)

SCREENSHOT:


It is really surprising that people ignore backing up their data, even though its importance keeps getting stressed by all and too often. Normally, people start backing up their data, only after they have lost it at least once. I, myself, belong to this unfortunate category. Once I lost my valuable files (which included my java code files), I painfully realized the importance of data backup. Then I started looking for a suitable backup tool. I tried a few freeware and trialware programs for this purpose, but somehow, none satisfied my needs. Finally, I decided to write my own program and this backup utility is the result of that effort. This backup utility is a bit different. It does what many of the other programs do not. To see what people have been saying regarding this program, please visit About AKGBackup and download.com.

AKGBackup™ is a backup program written entirely in Java. As a result, it has the advantage that it should run on any platform as Java is a language having cross platform portability as one of its strong points. It is an utility for backing up your files on a different hard disk drive, network drives, floppies, different partition of the same disk drive or any media your operating system can write to. You can download this backup utility for free (link at the bottom of this page).

AKGBackup™ also, very successfully, explodes the myth that Java programs run slower than the programs written in other languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment